Do you hear a train?
See the light at the end of the tunnel.
SNARKY RESPONSE: Just hope it’s not a freakin‘ locomotive.
I am right at that point where the sense of anticipation is finely balanced with a sense of dread.
|Let the fun begin!|
My revisions to ACES DOWN have been fleshed out, and I believe I’ve feathered the plot and character changes into the original text pretty well. I’ve read it through on the screen, and now I’ve printed it out to read, marking out timeline, plot twists, romance points.
|Aces Down Before Norah|
It’s the final push to my personal revise&resubmit deadline, and now’s when it gets truly real.
- Did I write a strong enough story?
- Have I built a believable world with an intriguing setting?
- Do my characters connect strongly enough to satisfy my readers?
- Are my characters going to connect with the reader?
- Have I written a good enough story to convince my readers to blithely disregard reality in favor of fantasy?
|Tristan’s First Love|
Granted, readers who might consider ACES DOWN will be expecting the kind of book I hope I wrote. Paranormal Romantic Suspense covers such a diverse landscape. Will my take on the genre provide adequate entertainment to keep them turning the pages?
Only time will tell.
If not, that light will be the flash of my revised submission imploding.